food break


David Masengill: Green Green Rocky Road






  • baguette
  • sunflower butter
  • banana
  • jam (↓raspberry↓)
  • for the future: (crushed) oyster crackers

This pretty little number started out as a "What-Am-I-Going-To-Do-With-This-Baguette" sort of thing. I toasted the bread in the oven for a while and still didn't know what to put on it when I pulled it out. 

Luckily, my trusty stomach helped me out ("A good chef must listen to his gut!"); I had started nibbling on a banana while the bread was toasting. I scraped out the last of my SUNBUTT (sunflower butter)...




...and smashed some bananas on top. (Really mashing those bananas up will come in handy in the next step.)


see? smashed.
Now here's the trick! Pop it back in the toaster until the top of your banana layer starts browning. This step activates the banabanoids and works them into the sunflowerbutter's fat.
Smother on some jam, and you have...



...love. YUM!


No comments: